A Faster Way To Straighten Your Smile
For many years, traditional braces were the only option for correcting crooked teeth. While they’re still highly effective, advancements in the field of orthodontics have produced other choices that lots of patients find more convenient.
One of these options is self-ligating braces. Able to self-adjust without any need for tightening, self-ligating braces provide increased comfort and faster treatment compared to traditional braces.
What Are Self-Ligating Braces?
Self-ligating braces consist of a metal wire and brackets that are placed over your teeth, just like traditional braces. However, self-ligating braces use tiny metal clips to hold the wire in place, instead of the elastic bands featured in traditional braces.
This creates a less conspicuous appearance that helps you smile with confidence. The unique design also allows the braces to self-adjust for maximum comfort and convenience.
The Benefits of Self-Ligating Braces
Self-ligating braces offer several advantages over traditional braces. Some of these include:
- Greater Comfort — Since they adjust on their own, self-ligating braces don’t require tightening. This means they’ll fit your teeth and gums more comfortably and you won’t have to deal with the soreness that often results from a tightening session.
- Fewer Appointments — Self-ligating braces allow you to avoid monthly tightening appointments so you can spend less time in our office and more time enjoying yourself.
- Less Noticeable — The sleek design and lack of elastic bands give self-litigating braces a more discreet appearance that’s less likely to cause social embarrassment.
- Easy to Maintain — Traditional braces are notoriously difficult to clean, primarily because food and other bacteria can easily get stuck in the elastic bands. Since they feature metal clips instead of bands, self-ligating braces are much easier to keep clean.
- Faster Results — Typically, self-ligating braces will straighten your smile about six months sooner than traditional braces.
Visit Centre For Invisible Orthodontics
If you want to learn more about self-ligating braces and how they can benefit you, don’t hesitate to call us. Dr. Grussmark and our team will be happy to answer all your questions and help you determine the ideal treatment plan for your smile.
Call one of our three locations in the Miami area and schedule a free consultation with Dr. Grussmark today.