Reduce Your Treatment Time
Traditional braces used to be the only way to correct crooked and misaligned teeth. Now, thanks to advancements made by researchers and orthodontists working all over the world, patients have many choices for their orthodontic care.
A lot of our patients choose self-ligating braces. These inconspicuous, self-adjusting braces offer a number of advantages over regular braces.
What Are Self-Ligating Braces?
Like traditional braces, self-ligating braces consist of a metal wire and brackets that are placed over your teeth. Unlike traditional braces, however, self-ligating braces don’t require any elastic bands. Instead, they rely on tiny metal clips to hold the archwire in place.
Self-ligating braces feature far less friction for the archwire than regular braces, resulting in greater comfort, faster overall treatment time, and fewer dental appointments for you.
The Benefits of Self-Ligating Braces
- Self-adjusting — Self-ligating braces adjust on their own, which means you won’t need to visit Dr. Grussmark for regular tightening sessions. Tightening traditional braces can be uncomfortable and cause soreness for up to a week afterward. But self-ligating braces gradually tighten on their own, making them much more comfortable.
- Less time-consuming — Because self-ligating braces don’t require monthly tightening, you’ll be spending less time in our office and more time enjoying the Miami sunshine. And when appointments are required, the visit will take less time than it would with traditional braces.
- Easy to clean — Traditional braces are notoriously hard to clean, as the wires, bands, and brackets can be difficult to reach with a toothbrush. Rubber bands also catch food, bacteria, and other particles that you don’t want hanging around in your mouth. Because they’ve eliminated the need for elastic bands, self-ligating braces are much easier to maintain.
- Less noticeable — Their sleek design makes self-ligating braces a lot more discreet than regular metal braces.
- Faster results — On average, your treatment with self-litigating braces will be finished six months sooner than it would with traditional braces.
Learn More About Self-Ligating Braces With Dr. Grussmark
If you need orthodontic care but you’re concerned about the hassles and discomfort associated with traditional braces, self-ligating braces could be the solution for you. With less bulk and no rubber bands, self-ligating braces are easier to maintain and more convenient for our active Miami patients.
Learn more about self-ligating braces from Dr. Grussmark by contacting our office for a free consultation!