A Faster Way To Straighten Your Smile
For many years, traditional braces were the only option for correcting crooked teeth. While they’re still highly effective, advancements in the field of orthodontics have produced other choices that lots of patients find more convenient.
One of these options is self-ligating braces. Able to self-adjust without any need for tightening, these braces provide increased comfort and faster treatment compared to traditional braces.
What Are Self-Ligating Braces?
Self-ligating braces consist of a metal wire and brackets that are placed over your teeth, just like traditional braces. However, these advanced braces use tiny metal clips to hold the wire in place, instead of the elastic bands featured in traditional braces.
This creates a less conspicuous appearance that helps you smile with confidence. The unique design also allows the braces to self-adjust for maximum comfort and convenience.
The Benefits of Self-Ligating Braces
This advanced treatment offers several advantages over traditional braces. Some of these include:
- Greater Comfort — Since they adjust on their own, these braces don’t require tightening. This means they’ll fit your teeth and gums more comfortably and you won’t have to deal with the soreness that often results from a tightening session.
- Fewer Appointments — You can skip monthly tightening appointments so you can spend less time in our office and more time enjoying yourself.
- Less Noticeable — The sleek design and lack of elastic bands give these braces a more discreet appearance that’s less likely to cause social embarrassment.
- Easy to Maintain — Traditional braces are notoriously difficult to clean, primarily because food and other bacteria can easily get stuck in the elastic bands. Since they feature metal clips instead of bands, self-ligating braces are much easier to keep clean.
- Faster Results — We can straighten your smile about six months sooner than traditional braces. That means more time enjoying your perfectly straight smile!
Visit Centre For Invisible Orthodontics
If you want to learn more about how this innovative treatment can benefit you, don’t hesitate to call us. Dr. Grussmark and our team will be happy to answer all your questions and help you determine the ideal treatment plan for your smile.
Call one of our three locations in the Miami area and schedule a free consultation with Dr. Grussmark today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Treatment with self-ligating braces generally takes about 12 to 30 months. The duration of your treatment will depend on a variety of factors, such as the severity of your condition. Dr. Grussmark will provide you with an accurate treatment timeline at your initial consultation.
Because this innovative treatment involves different tightening methods, you’ll require fewer orthodontic appointments. Your visits to our Miami office may even be shorter than a normal check-up. Self-ligating braces may not work faster than traditional braces, but they’ll be much more comfortable.
Self-ligating braces still need to be tightened, but not as often as traditional braces. Because they use brackets instead of elastic bands, you won’t need to make as many visits to our Miami office.
There are two types of self-ligating braces that move teeth in different ways:
- Passive Braces use a smaller archwire and allow your teeth to move around more. They tend to be used in the early stages of treatment.
- Active Braces have a thicker archwire and put more pressure on your teeth to move. They can be used to move teeth into position quicker.
These methods may be combined depending on your individual needs and current treatment stage. Dr. Grussmark will determine which type is best for you at your initial consultation.
The cost of treatment with self-ligating braces depends on several factors, such as which type Dr. Grussmark determines is best for you. At your initial consultation, Dr. Grussmark will provide you with a cost estimate of your treatment. You can visit our financing page for more information about our affordable payment plans.
We also suggest looking into CareCredit, a third-party loan service designed to help patients pay for their treatments. Applying online is quick and easy, and you may receive financial aid regardless of your insurance status.
Dr. Grussmark may recommend self-ligating braces to patients struggling with:
- Crooked or crowded teeth
- Teeth gaps
- Jaw misalignment
If you suspect braces may be the ideal solution for you but you don’t want the hassle of elastic bands, schedule a consultation with Dr. Grussmark by contacting our Miami office at (305) 441-1200. He’ll determine which treatment method is best for you and discuss your other options if necessary.
You may experience mild discomfort with self-ligating braces as they gradually shift your teeth into place, but they’re far more comfortable than traditional braces. Not only do they place less pressure and friction on your teeth, but they also require fewer irritating adjustments.
If your self-ligating braces are causing you pain that interferes with your daily life, contact our Miami office immediately at (305) 441-1200. Dr. Grussmark can assess your situation and relieve you of any painful symptoms.