Exceptional Care, Exceptional Results
Throughout most of your treatment, you’ll be wearing and taking care of your aligners on your own. Proper care is essential for keeping your aligners intact between appointments — that’s why we’ve compiled this easy Invisalign care and cleaning guide for you to follow.
Invisalign care tips to keep in mind:
- Remove your aligners before eating or drinking.
- Brush and floss your teeth before putting your aligners back in.
- Always clean your aligners before applying them.
- Thoroughly rinse your aligners after cleaning.
- Don’t use denture cleaners, toothpaste, or mouthwash to clean your aligners — many are too abrasive, can cause staining, or are damaging.
- Store your aligners in their plastic case or a similar container when you’re not using them.
- Plan for any travel — pack your current, previous, and next set with you. You may need more aligners for a longer trip.
How to Clean Your Invisalign Aligners
- Rinse your aligners under lukewarm water that isn’t too hot or cold.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush without toothpaste to gently brush your entire aligner, inside and out. Try to use small, circular motions for the best results. Toothpaste can weaken your aligners and make them more prone to damage.
- After you’ve finished brushing, rinse the aligner again with lukewarm water.
- Take a look at your aligner — do you see a white film? This could be a buildup of tartar, which is hard to remove with a toothbrush.
- If you do notice a buildup, soak your aligner in the Invisalign Cleaning System to make your aligners crystal clear again. We recommend soaking your aligners once a day in the Invisalign cleaning crystals.
- After you’re done cleaning your aligner, you can either put it back in your mouth or in a case to dry.
Ask Dr. Grussmark About Invisalign Care
Have a question you can’t find the answer to? Dr. Grussmark and our knowledgeable team members are one of the best resources for personalized answers. We’ll be happy to speak to you and make sure you’re informed about proper Invisalign care instructions.
You can easily contact us by calling our phone at (305) 441-1200 or by sending us a message through our online contact form. No question is too simple or complex for our help.