Invisalign: The Perfect Orthodontic Treatment for Athletes
Athletes are always looking for ways to enhance their performance and maintain good oral health, and the last thing they want is for their braces to get in the way of their big game. This is where Invisalign® from Dr. Stephen Grussmark at the Centre for Invisible Braces comes in.
Invisalign is a cutting-edge orthodontic treatment that uses clear, custom-made aligners to straighten teeth without the hassle of traditional metal braces. Our orthodontist specialist in Maimi, FL, has helped countless athletes in Brickell, Miami Beach, and Coral Gables score a homerun smile with Invisalign aligners. See how you or your MVP can receive quality dental care from one of Florida’s top Invisalign providers.
The Benefits of Invisalign for Athletes
When you choose Invisalign for your orthodontic needs, you can enjoy benefits like:
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are made of smooth, flexible plastic that won’t irritate the inside of your mouth or cause any discomfort while playing sports.
- Custom-Fit: Invisalign aligners are custom-made to fit your teeth, so you won’t have to worry about food getting stuck or brackets coming loose as with braces.
- Removable: Since they are removable, athletes can take Invisalign with them out to eat, brush, and floss, making oral hygiene much easier to maintain.
- Injury Prevention: The custom fit also helps prevent injury to the mouth, as there are no sharp edges or brackets to worry about.
What Sports Allow Me to Wear Invisalign?
Invisalign aligners can be worn during most sports activities, including:
- No-Contact Sports: Invisalign aligners are perfect for no-contact sports such as swimming, running, tennis, and golf. Whether swimming laps, running a marathon, or practicing your dance routine, you can do so knowing that your Invisalign aligners are in place.
- Low-Contact Sports: For low-contact sports such as baseball, softball, volleyball, soccer, skating, and gymnastics, Invisalign aligners can also be worn without problems. The aligners offer a secure fit and won’t fall out or become dislodged during play.
- Individual Sports: Individual sports such as weightlifting, martial arts, boxing, and fencing can also be performed with Invisalign aligners in place. The aligners provide a protective barrier for your teeth and won’t affect your performance.
For high-contact sports like football and hockey, Dr. Grussmark may advise removing your aligner and wearing a protective mouthguard to shield your teeth from injury while out on the field.
Clear Aligners for Athletes of All Ages
Whether you’re a student-athlete just starting or an experienced athlete who wants to improve your smile, Invisalign aligners can help you achieve the perfect set of teeth while participating in the sports you love. For young athletes, Invisalign Teen is specifically designed for teenagers and is made with a blue dot wear indicator that lets you know when it’s time to switch to a new aligner. Invisalign Teen also has compliance indicators that let your orthodontist know if you’re wearing the aligners as recommended.
Yes, you can play sports with Invisalign aligners. Invisalign aligners are a versatile orthodontic option that can be worn during most sports activities, including no-contact sports, low-contact sports, and individual sports. Consult with your orthodontist beforehand to determine if it’s completely safe to wear Invisalign while playing a sport or physical activity.
In general, playing sports with Invisalign aligners will not cause damage to the aligners. You can play a set of tennis or practice your dance routine with aligners in. However, it’s best to remove the aligners for high-impact sports like football or lacrosse to prevent damage.
Yes, you should remove your aligners before playing sports that may involve tackles or tumbles. This not only shields your teeth but your aligners. Put in a customized mouthguard before these sports to keep your smile protected. You can simply switch back to wearing Invisalign after you’re done playing for the day.
Yes, Invisalign is a good option for athletes of any age. Invisalign aligners can help you achieve the perfect smile without disrupting your diet or activities. The Invisalign Teen version is specifically designed for teenagers and offers added features for their unique needs. Consult with your orthodontist to learn if Invisalign is right for you.
Keep Your Head in the Game with Low-Maintenance Invisalign
Are you ready to achieve the perfect smile while still participating in the sports you love? If so, it’s time to schedule an appointment with Dr. Grussmark at the Centre for Invisible Braces. With Invisalign aligners, you can straighten your teeth without sacrificing athletic performance and achieve a crowd-pleasing smile.
Don’t let orthodontic treatment hold you back from pursuing your athletic goals. With Invisalign aligners, you can have the best of both worlds. Call our Miami, FL, orthodontist office at (305) 441-1200 to schedule your consultation. You can also book an appointment online by filling out our convenient contact form.