A Faster Way to Straighten Your Smile
Are you looking for a quick and effective way to straighten them without the hassle of traditional braces? If so, you might be interested in accelerated orthodontics.
Accelerated orthodontics is an innovative technique that uses advanced technology and specialized procedures to straighten teeth in less time than traditional orthodontics. Explore the benefits and limitations of accelerated orthodontics with Dr. Stephen Grussmark, our top-rated Miami, FL, orthodontist.
What is Accelerated Orthodontics?
Accelerated orthodontics uses advanced technology and procedures to accelerate the movement of teeth. The technique reduces the time needed for traditional orthodontic treatment and produces faster results.
How Does Accelerated Orthodontics Work?
Accelerated orthodontics uses various techniques to speed up the process of tooth movement and promote faster bone remodeling. It can be an option for patients who want to shorten the duration of their orthodontic treatment.
This technique works with traditional braces, clear aligners, and other orthodontic appliances. However, not all patients are candidates for accelerated orthodontics, and it should only be performed by a trained and experienced orthodontist like Dr. Grussmark.
Benefits of Accelerated Orthodontics
Accelerated orthodontics can offer several benefits for patients who are looking to straighten their teeth and improve their smile. Here are some potential benefits of accelerated orthodontics:
- Shorter Treatment Time: Accelerated orthodontics can shorten the duration of treatment, which means patients can achieve their desired results faster and with fewer appointments.
- Reduced Discomfort: Because accelerated orthodontics promotes faster tooth movement, patients may experience less discomfort during treatment.
- Better Oral Hygiene: Shorter treatment times can also lead to better oral hygiene, as patients may find it easier to maintain good dental hygiene during a shorter treatment period.
- Improved Aesthetics: By straightening teeth faster, accelerated orthodontics can improve the overall appearance of a patient’s smile more quickly.
- Fewer Appointments: With accelerated orthodontics, patients typically require fewer appointments with their orthodontist, which can be more convenient for those with busy schedules.
Types of Accelerated Orthodontic Treatments
There are several types of accelerated orthodontic treatments available, including:
- Micro-Osteoperforation (MOP) involves making small holes in the bone surrounding the teeth to stimulate bone remodeling and accelerate tooth movement.
- Propel Orthodontics uses a small handheld device to make micro-incisions in the gum tissue surrounding the teeth to speed up the orthodontic process.
- AcceleDent uses gentle vibrations to stimulate the bone and accelerate tooth movement. The patient wears the device 20 minutes per day during orthodontic treatment.
- High-Frequency Vibration (HFV) uses high-frequency vibrations to the teeth and surrounding bone, promoting faster tooth movement.
- Photobiomodulation (PBM) uses low-level laser therapy to stimulate the bone and promote faster tooth movement.
Frequently Asked Questions
Accelerated orthodontics may suit patients who want faster results than traditional orthodontic treatment. Candidates may include individuals who want to correct dental problems, such as crooked teeth, gaps, overcrowding, or bite issues, and who have good oral health.
However, not everyone is a suitable candidate. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Grussmark to learn if accelerated orthodontics is a viable treatment option.
Accelerated orthodontics can shorten the overall treatment time by up to 50 percent compared to traditional orthodontic treatment. However, the exact duration of the treatment may vary depending on the individual case, the type of orthodontic appliance used, and the technique applied by the orthodontist.
Accelerated orthodontics is a safe and effective treatment option. The treatment involves using advanced techniques and technology to stimulate the bone around the teeth, encouraging it to move more quickly than it would with traditional braces.
Accelerated orthodontics is often considered elective and may not be covered by insurance. Some insurance plans may cover orthodontic appliances such as braces or clear aligners. Check with your insurance provider to see if accelerated orthodontics is covered under your plan or if there are other options to help cover the cost of treatment.
Discover How You Can Achieve Your Dream Smile in Less Time
If you’re interested in achieving a straighter, healthier smile in less time, accelerated orthodontics may be the ideal solution for you. Patients who opt for accelerated orthodontics can expect to see faster results and shorter treatment times compared to traditional orthodontic treatments.
Contact our Miami, FL, office to schedule a consultation by calling (305) 441-1200 or filling out our online contact form. We proudly welcome patients in Miami Beach, Key Biscayne, and Hialeah.