Are You a Candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign has been helping patients straighten their smiles for over 20 years. Today, Invisalign treatment can give you your dream smile discreetly, quickly, and comfortably. With Invisalign clear aligners from Dr. Grussmark, you don’t have to worry about the embarrassment that comes with traditional metal braces.
If you’re interested in this innovative treatment, learn more below to see if you’re an ideal candidate.
What Can Invisalign Correct?
In addition to creating a straighter, more beautiful smile, Invisalign can treat a variety of simple to complex orthodontic issues, such as:
- Overbite – when the upper teeth close over the lower teeth
- Underbite – when the lower teeth close over the upper front teeth
- Crossbite – when the jaws don’t line up, causing some top teeth to close over the bottom teeth and some top teeth to close over the bottom teeth
- Gap teeth – when there are extra spaces between some teeth
- Open bite – when the top and bottom teeth don’t meet
- Crowded teeth – when there isn’t enough room for all of the teeth to fit in the jaw
Basic Guidelines to Invisalign Candidacy
An ideal candidate for Invisalign clear aligner treatment is someone who:
- Doesn’t have gum disease
- Doesn’t have untreated cavities/tooth decay
- Maintains good oral hygiene
- Doesn’t smoke
- Is willing to follow Invisalign instructions
Does Age Affect My Candidacy for Invisalign?
In most cases, patients above the age of 12 can get Invisalign! The majority of our Invisalign patients are adults looking to fix orthodontic flaws without the inconvenience of metal braces.
Invisalign teeth offer a great alternative to braces for our younger patients, many of whom don’t want traditional braces due to the effect on appearance. Thanks to Invisalign’s clear aligners, we can help teens and adults smile with confidence.
If you’ve undergone restorative dental work, such as receiving a dental bridge or crown, you’ll need to have your teeth examined to ensure your restoration won’t interfere with Invisalign treatment. While it’s rare that a dental crown will cause any issues, a bridge can sometimes interfere with the results you’re looking for. Ultimately, Dr. Grussmark will evaluate all restorations before treatment and determine eligibility on a case-by-case basis.
Learn if You’re a Candidate for Invisalign Today
Invisalign can transform your smile without the hassle of metal brackets and numerous office visits. Find out today if you’re a candidate for Invisalign clear aligners with Dr. Grussmark by calling (305) 441-1200 to schedule an appointment.