A child’s teeth will continue to evolve for years to come. They haven’t yet acquired the fully grown version of how their teeth will take shape. If needed, braces aren’t introduced until the teenage years and Invisalign could be the answer. Invisalign is a revolutionary way to move teeth that can correct a wide range of orthodontic issues. However Invisalign cannot be used for small children because it requires a set of fully grown teeth to be effective. But it is completely safe for teenagers to use.
Important Facts To Know About Invisalign
If braces are needed, they typically aren’t introduced until the teenage years. Invisalign is a revolutionary way to move teeth that can correct a wide range of orthodontic issues. Invisalign Teen is a slightly modified version of the system that is more appropriate for the lifestyle of teenagers but no less effective. Check out some of the most popular advantages patients love about Invisalign:
- Better than braces – Teens often complain about the pain of braces, the permanence of having them on, and the unsightly addition it makes to their smile. Invisalign uses no brackets or wires, does not require regular tightening, and can only be seen with close inspection.
- The Invisalign Aligners are Customized for You – Orthodontists use a 3-D technology system to mold a teenager’s aligner, and no two are the same. They use a one-of-a-kind technique to ensure each kid has their own set that fits them perfectly.
- Invisalign is Sensible – Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign uses transparent, comfortable aligners to gradually move the teeth around without all the typical brackets and wires. It’s not necessarily invisible, but Invisalign Teen is better than the alternative and tougher for others to see.
- It Takes Time – As with any procedure, an Invisalign mold for a teenager takes time. It is not an overnight solution to correct crooked teeth. It is recommended that the mouthpiece be worn throughout the day for at least a year to see significant results. For a teenager, this will require diligence and patience.
- Invisalign Lets You Eat Whatever You Want – This is great news for a teenager! All they have to do is to simply remove the mouthpiece at mealtimes. Once finished, and after brushing and flossing, the mouthpiece can then be reinserted. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign is removable and meals can be enjoyed without the cumbersome nature of traditional braces in the mouth.
Is Your Teen Ready to Experience the Benefits of Invisalign?
Consulting with an Orthodontist is your first step in knowing whether Invisalign is right for your teenager. Dr. Stephen Grussmark and his staff are wonderfully caring professionals who can help correct your kid’s teeth and send them on their way with confidence. Give them a call or pay them a visit at their Centre for Invisible Orthodontics in Coral Gables, FL.