Teen Orthodontic Solutions
Teenagers today have full and challenging lifestyles that include school, sports, and active social lives. As young people make the transition into their teen years, they invariably become more concerned about their appearance and how others perceive them. Common orthodontic problems like crooked, crowded, or unevenly spaced teeth can have a negative effect on one’s self-confidence and self-esteem, especially during the teenage years. Orthodontists many cosmetic imperfections can actually cause a number of bite problems and can seriously hinder proper oral hygiene. Misaligned teeth can pave the way for gum disease, tooth decay, bite problems, inhibited speech articulation, and even certain functional growth problems if left untreated.
Fortunately, Dr. Stephen Grussmark of the Centre for Invisible Braces has the training, knowledge, and artistic vision required to provide extraordinarily effective orthodontic solutions for preteens and teenagers. The ideal time for treatment of orthodontic problems is during the early teen years, approximately age 11 to 13. At his Coral Gables, FL office, Dr. Grussmark, and his patient-focused staff can help your son or daughter get the healthy and beautiful smile that they deserve with a variety of time-tested orthodontic treatment options.
We can treat even the most severe of orthodontic problems with a multitude of treatments designed to provide the most comfortable and convenient orthodontic experience for our patients while delivering the desired results. Read on to learn about the different types of treatment available at the Centre for Invisible Braces in Coral Gables, FL!
Available Orthodontic Treatment Options
Dr. Grussmark is one of the very few orthodontists in the Elite Premier Provider class of Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen providers in the world. This prestigious classification speaks volumes about Dr. Grussmark’s level of expertise and dedication to excellence in orthodontics. Over the past 30 years, Dr. Grussmark has helped over 15,000 patients get the straighter and greater smile that they have wanted with his remarkable orthodontic treatment options which include:
Invisalign Teen® Invisible Braces
The Invisalign Teen® orthodontic treatment system is by far the most comfortable, convenient, and effective treatment for minor to moderate orthodontic issues affecting preteens and teenagers today. Invisalign Teen offers an orthodontic solution that won’t interfere with your lifestyle or your appearance but that will still deliver the straighter, healthier smile that you want. The Invisalign Teen treatment protocol is designed to be able to accommodate incoming adult teeth during treatment. Invisalign Teen utilizes a progressive series of clear thermoplastic aligner trays that will gently and gradually move teeth into their desired positions. These clear, plastic aligner trays are quickly and easily removable for easy eating, oral care, or for any special occasions when braces may not be desired. By helping to keep your teeth and mouth cleaner, Invisalign Teen helps to prevent tooth decay, periodontal infections, and staining or discoloration of teeth. In addition to an inconspicuous and convenient method of orthodontic treatment, Invisalign Teen offers the following additional benefits:
- Eat what you want to, whenever you want, without any restrictions
- Aligners can be removed for any special occasions
- Clear and comfortable plastic aligners are virtually undetectable to others
- Removable aligners keep teeth cleaner and gums healthier throughout treatment
- Invisalign Teen is virtually pain free, especially when compared to traditional braces
Traditional Orthodontic Braces
Moderate to severe orthodontic issues have long been treated with highly effective traditional wire and bracket braces. Contemporary orthodontic braces are available in a variety of styles that each serve to make the treatment process as easy, convenient, and comfortable as possible. Dr. Grussmark can utilize these treatment methods to treat the following types of orthodontic problems and conditions:
- Class II: Class II orthodontic problems are characterized by an abnormal bite relationship between the upper in which the upper teeth and jaw have a tendency to protrude in front of and over the lower teeth and jaw. Upper molars tend to rest in front of lower molars which may give the appearance of a recessed lower jaw or of an upper jaw that juts out unnaturally.
- Class III: Class III orthodontic issues typically involve a bite relationship between the upper and lower teeth and jaws characterized by the lower teeth being positioned in front of the upper teeth. While these types of orthodontic abnormalities may give the appearance of a large lower jaw, in reality the lack of proper upper jaw development is usually the cause.
- Crossbites: A posterior crossbite is typically caused by a narrow upper jaw or an abnormally wide lower jawbone. This bite pattern is characterized by the teeth of the lower jaw being outside of the upper jaw when the mouth is closed. Crossbites can affect just one side of the jaw (unilateral crossbite) or both sides of the jaw (bilateral crossbite).
- Crowding: Teeth crowding is probably the most common orthodontic issue that patients are treated for. Crowding can often accompany other orthodontic problems as well and occurs when there is not enough space in the jaw to facilitate the number of teeth. Even severe crowding is typically treatable with traditional and contemporary options.
- Deep Bite (Overbite): Deep bite orthodontic issues, also called “overbite” involves excessive vertical overlap of the incisors. Problems that can result from an overbite include a “gummy” smile, trapped or protruding lips, painful bite, and even excessive wear of incisors.
- Open Bite: An open bite can affect the front teeth or the back teeth but are both characterized by teeth on the upper and lower jaw that don’t meet properly when the mouth is closed. This malocclusion can prohibit the proper functioning of jaws and teeth.
- Spacing: Abnormal or uneven spacing of teeth is another very common orthodontic problem that can be effectively treated several ways. Incongruence between tooth and jaw size can cause uneven spacing between teeth. Teeth of different sizes can also be the cause of orthodontic spacing problems.
Contact Dr. Grussmark for Your Orthodontic Consultation Today!
If you find that you are hiding your smile in photos, around friends, and while you eat, then Dr. Grussmark of the Centre for Invisible Braces in Coral Gables, FL would like to use his expert knowledge and artistic vision to give you a smile that you can be proud of. By utilizing a variety of new and established treatments, you can now have the straighter and greater smile that you’ve always wanted without the hassles and inconveniences of the past. Whether through conventional braces, or with the convenience of Invisalign Teen, you can have a smile that you’ll be happy to show and share every day! Dr. Grussmark takes great pride in his ability to provide his patients with stunning results without imposing restrictions on their lifestyles. Contact our office to schedule your obligation-free orthodontic consultation with Dr. Grussmark in Coral Gables, FL today!